NaNoWriMo 2009

Here it is again. November.

Every year I look forward to November.  I look forward to NaNoWriMo.

For those who have never heard of it, NaNoWriMo is the challenge to write a 50,000 word novel, from scratch, in a month.

I've participated every year since 2004.  I've never reached the finish line, but every year I go a little further.  One year I'll make it.  Maybe.

Meanwhile, this year I'm planning on doing it again.  Despite the fact that not only is it holiday shopping season, not only is work killing me, not only do I not have any time to write, but I'm due to have a baby on Nov. 20th, which means I can pop at any point between now and then, and I'll be sleep deprived and full of new-mommy-ness.

I'm nothing if not committed.  And might end up BEING commited.

Oh, and did I mention I don't have an idea.  Not one single solitary idea.  No plot bunnies bouncing around in my head.

I don't even have a title picked out!

So.....

Anybody got a title I can borrow?

1 comments:

~willow~ said...

no plot or title here, either. yesterday i decided to just wing it using something amusing that happened recently as a starting point. looks like this year it's not going to be fantasy/horror and more like a 'normal' work of fiction set in our 'normal' time & age. Although, I'm feeling bored just that, so maybe it'll find its way back into the fantasy/horror realm? who knows!!

All the best with NaNo! :)